Wednesday 10 September 2008

Gods Commitment

Earlier today i bumped into an older couple from our church at a carvery restaurant i know this couple from the church and have visited them on numerous occassions. One thing struck me this time was the commitment of her husband they are both in their eighties and her moblity is not what it was and she needs constant care. i know that her husband gives her around the clock care, i wandered whether he realised this was going to happen when he first commited to her. i find these things refreshing in a world where commitment is very rare these days.
I'm reminded that the most used promised in the Bible from God to us is "i will never leave you nor forsake you". i find it amazing that even if i'm faithless he is faithful, that God has commited himself to me even when my commitment to him is not as strong.

God has commited himself to our lives, infact he has invested so much more, his son. this reminds me that he has to be number one in my life beacuse we are the apple of his eye.

No comments: